Requirements for Article Submission
The editorship of the magazine «Art of medicine» takes into consideration the publication of the article if neither the manuscript nor any part of it have been published earlier in print or electronic form and are not under consideration for publication in another journal.
Category of the articles:
- Discussion and problem articles
- Original research
- Literature review
- Cases from practice
- Organization of the health care
- Medical education
- Medical rehabilitation
Language of the article: Ukrainian, Russian, English, Polish, French, German
The author must carefully read and reread and edit the text of the manuscript. The content must be clear, without repetitions, Ukrainian spelling is required, usage of Ukrainian terminology and adhere to the norms of the literary Ukrainian language (when published in other languages - Russian, English, Polish, French, German respectively) are also needed. The units of measurement are determined by the system CI.
Requirements for article submission
The manuscript has to be completed with the help of MS Office on a standard sheet of format А4 (210х297 mm), type – “Times New Roman”, type size – 14, interval – 1, 5, paragraph indentation - 1, 25 mm, equalization - on width. Document fields - 20 mm (from all sides), the volume - from 10 to 25 pages.
Structure of the article:
- UDC code.
- The title of the article (in capital letters (it is necessary to highlight the text and click on the "Main" tab in the "Font" tab, the "Change case" button (Aa) - so that all the letters in the text get uppercase, click "ALL CAPITAL"), in bold type, alignment in the middle, a single line space).
- Surname, initials of the author (authors) in the language of the article (the number of authors of one article should not exceed five persons).Establishment (full name, city, country, ORCID ID, e-mail).
- The summary is written in the language of the article at the beginning, and other abstracts are written at the end of the article (Ukrainian, Russian, the volume is not more than 1500 characters), (the English summary should be 2 pages), which fully reveals the content of the article, for original studies to contain clearly identified goals, methods, results of the study and conclusions. To summarize, the initials and surnames of the author (s) and the title of the article and institution should be translated into Russian and English.
- Keywords (in Ukrainian, Russian and English) - no more than 5 words or phrases.
Main sections of the article:
1. Introduction:must provide the reader with all information (including background information) needed to understand your research and the reasons for which you are conducting them. In this section, the articles must be created background (preconditions for the study: give a general understanding of the problem that you are doing and reasonably justify the relevance of your research).
2. Substantiation of the research: this section of the article should answer the question of the need for the author of the study. The section of the article "The justification of the study" aims to highlight the unsolved problems of other scientists in the study problem and points to the "field source" of the research, not occupied by other scholars in this problem (of course, answering the two questions formulated above). This section is written based on publications of periodical scientific publications (books, textbooks, monographs do not belong to such). An overview of the periodicals on the problem being studied by the author should include sources no more than 5 years old and a mandatory review of foreign scientific periodicals on the problem being studied by the author. The number of foreign sources should be at least 40%. Permissible level of self-quotation - no more than 30%. Mandatory when using references to literary sources is a critical analysis of these sources, that is, the indication of what the authors of these works were able to achieve, and what failed. At the same time, it is desirable for such an analysis for each source (use of a wide range of references such as "in works [3-7]" is not recommended).The section “Substantiation of the research “should give the reader an understanding of what the research was being carried out, the results of which the author intends to publish in this article.
3. Purpose of the research: In this section, it is necessary to clearly formulate the purpose of the research, which should logically follow from the section "Justification of the research". The purpose of the study, formulated by the author, may also be the formulation of the Hypothesis, which the author wanted to confirm or refute.
(Advice: Do not write phrases like: "The purpose of our work was to compare drug A and drug B with pathology C. Write what would allow us to understand what the authors expect to see as a result of this comparison).
4. Materials and methods: Materials - it means that the author must demonstrate the representativeness of the submitted material: the characteristics of the patients (or other research objects), the method of their selection and the conditions of the research (the basis of the research) should be set out in such detail that the reader could decide on his own, whether they are properly described and does the description describe the specific conditions of its clinical practice? (Note: to meet the requirements of representativeness, the author should explain three main points: - Answer the question: "Why was this exactly chosen, and not another material?" - The principle of selection of material should be stated (the criteria for inclusion / exclusion of research objects are described). - The principle and meaning of the division of material into any groups (by age, gender, etc.) should be explained. WARNING! The explanation of the type "traditionally" and the like is unacceptable.Methods - in this part of the section, it is necessary: - To justify why this particular method was used, and not just some other method. - Formulate criteria for assessing the effect or result of the method used.
WARNING! Methods of quantitative analysis are better than descriptive. Therefore, if they are not used and their absence has no apparent justification, it is necessary to indicate why statistical methods are not used. This section should be named in such a way that the "experimental" and "methodical" components of the author's research were understood.An article is written using software for the processing of statistical data or other methods, the author must specify the license number of the program or where the program or the link on the Internet is located.
5. Results of the research: this section should reflect all the results obtained during the study, and only in a form that can be formulated as "bare facts". You do not need to interpret the results in this section! In this section, it is recommended to submit materials as follows: - as in the "Materials and Methods" section, the results that correspond to different experiments can be divided into subdivisions;
- results should be presented in a logical order, and it is recommended to give results in order of importance, not necessarily use the order in which the experiments were carried out;
- do not duplicate the data shown in the figures, charts and tables. The common mistake is to bring the data shown in the figures and tables in the text of the article. Instead, the text of the article should summarize the material that the reader will find in the table or draw the attention of the reader to the main points in the picture or table. It is usually easier for the reader to read data in the table than in the text of the article.(There is a well-known saying in the English language: "A picture is worth 1,000 words." This means that the image can explain the findings much better than the text, however, avoid excessive drawings and tables. If data for full tables and drawings is missing, it is better to describe this information in the text).
6. Discussion of the results: In this section of the article, you must express your point of view on the results of the study. In other words, it is necessary to answer the main question: "What do your results mean (in your interpretation)?"In this section, you must: discuss your results in order from the most to the least important; Compare your results with the results of other researchers - what are the differences and discuss their causes; Additional research can be proposed to improve or deepen the results.7. Conclusions: in this section of the article, be sure to provide the main general results of your work again, paying particular attention to the conclusions reached in the research goal from the section "The purpose of the research" - they should coincide. This means that the Conclusions should reflect the specific results obtained by the author, based on which it can be concluded that scientific novelty and the practical application of the results of the study are described in the article.
(IMPORTANT! The conclusions should be presented in such a way that the reader (whether a scientist or practicing doctor), after reading only the Conclusions, would like to read the entire article).
8. Design of drawings / tables: are given in the text of the article, without flow; references to tables and drawings are also given in the text of the article (Table 1, Figure 1); All drawings must be in JPG format (with a resolution of 300dpi); In the table there should be no empty cells in accordance with the requirements of the State Tax Code of Ukraine and placed in the text.
9. Referenses: The List of References in the article must be given in accordance with the Vancouver Style citation. References to used sources are made as they appear in the text in square brackets [1, 2, 3, and 10]. The works originally published by Cyrillic should be transliterated. The transmission of Ukrainian letters should be carried out in accordance with the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 55 dated January 27, 2010 "On Structuring the Transliteration of the Ukrainian Alphabet by Latin."
Note: 1. The letter "г" is reproduced in Latin as "gh" (for example, Згорани -Zghorany) in contrast to "zh" - the equivalent of the Ukrainian letter "ж ".
2. The soft sign and apostrophe are not reproduced.
3. Transliteration of names and geographical names is carried out by reproducing each letter of the Latin.
The editorial board emphasizes that the main source of scientific information is a scientific article over the last five years!
• Information about the authors in Ukrainian, Russian and English:
- Name and Surname (fully)
- Position, rank, place of work, ORCID ID
- Contact telephone number and e-mail address (required)