ART OF MEDICINE 2017
LATE COMPLICATIONS OF IN-FERIOR VENA CAVA FILTER IMPLANTATION TYPE «OSOT» (BASED ON OWN CLINICAL OBSERVA-TIONS)
I.P. Yerko 1, S.V. Popov 2, A.S. Liubchenko3
Abstract. The information on the incidence, risk factors and sources of blood clots in the pulmonary thromboembolism (PTE) - one of the most common complications of many diseases that pose a threat to the life of the patient. PTE is a pulmonary venous occlusion by thrombus usually first formed in the veins of the systemic circulation (upper and inferior vena cava) or right heart chambers, followed by migration of pulmonary vessels bloodstream. One of the main methods of PTE surgical prophylaxis is the transcutaneous implantation of an inferior vena cava filter (IVСF). Implantation, removal of the filter or in the distant period may result in a variety of complications. Complications associated with prolonged stay IVСF, include filter migration or embolization its fragments, fracture and perforation, inferior vena cava syndrome, post-thrombophlebitic syndrome, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and recurrent pulmonary embolism.
We have described clinical cases of migration of the IVCF type "Osot" in the right renal and hepatic veins with fragmentation, dislocation of IVCF with perforation of the inferior vena cava.
Full text: PDF (Rus)
- А.Z. Sharafeev, L.V. Hlyschenko. Sovremennye podkhody k implantatsii kava-filtrov pri uhroze tromboembolii lehochnoy arterii. Novosti khirurhii Тоm 24. № 2. 2016.
- Savelev V.S, Chazov Е.I, Husev Е.I, Kirienko А.I. Rossiyskie klinicheskie rekomendatsii po diahnostike, lecheniu i profilaktike venoznykh tromboembolicheskikh oslozhneniy. Flebologia. 2010; 4(1 vyp 2). 37 с.
- Treatment Outcomes of Anticoagulant Therapy and Temporary Inferior Vena Cava Filter Implantation for Pregnancy Complicated by Venous Thrombosis. Nobuhiro Hara, MD et al Annals of Vascular Diseases Vol. 11, No. 1 (2018).
- Outcomes After Vena Cava Filter Use in Noncancer Patients With Acute Venous Thromboembolism. A Population-Based Study. Richard H. White, MD and al. Circulation May 24, 2016.
- Sing RF, Harrell A, Kercher KW, Heniford BT. Retrievable inferior vena cava filters in high-risk trauma patients. J Am Coll Surg. 2005 Apr;200(4):634; authorreply 634-5.
- Delayed retroperitoneal arterial hemorrhage after inferior vena cava filter deployment case report. Yongzheng Wang. Medicine (2018) 97:3
- Clinical Significance and Management Caval Penetration by Inferior Vena Cava Filters: A Systematic Literature Review of. Zhongzhi Jia at al. Circulation September 8, 2015.